Here are some resources that may help empower you to identify the values that you would like to prioritize in life and become more aligned with using iAlign.
This is a work in progress - for the time being here are a couple options:
If you have any trouble deciding on which values to use, try the following:
1) From the list provided, write down 10 values that sound good to you.
2) Try to rank this list 1 through 10 by asking these questions:
- Which of these value(s) led to accomplishments that are you most proud of?
- When you imagine people you admire most, what value(s) did they have that you commend most?
- If other people were to think of you, which of these values would you want to come to their mind immediately?
- When faced with a difficult ethical dilemma, what factors do you consider most important?
- What types of activities or causes make you feel most joyful while you're getting ready for sleep if you've taken or supported them that day?
- What are the non-negotiable aspects of your personal and professional relationships?
- In what situations and with what actions do you feel most authentic and true to yourself?
- What are the key themes or values that consistently show up in your life's accomplishments and successes?
- What principles or values would you be willing to defend, even if it meant going against popular opinion?
- How do you prioritize your time and energy? What aspects of life do you invest the most in?
- If you could leave a lasting impact on the world, what values or ideals would you want to promote?
- What principles guide your decision-making process in life?
3) Cross off 6-10! In the future there may be an option for more values, or for changing these values over time.
List of possible values right now (06/05/2023) on iAlign:
- Clear Communication
- Quality Time
- Work ethic
Seeking Authenticity: Essays and Stories on Values and Travels
A philosophical interrogation into value systems in the modern day woven into a series of personal narratives from a multi-continent surf journey.
Seeking Authenticity Podcast
Conversations with interesting people about their passions and aimed at understanding their central values.
Self-awareness of your values resource from the University of Edinburgh: